Internet Business Newswire

Global Business News

Remains Found In California Bayou Belong To Missing Toddler

A body found at a bayou in Texas has been identified as the remains of 2-year-old Nadia Lee, who disappeared six months ago around the same time her mother was choked to death.

The child’s father, 26-year-old Jyron Charles Lee, was arrested and charged in connection with Nadia’s death as well as the murder of his 22-year-old wife, Nancy Reed.

Nadia was last seen near her father’s apartment in Pasadena on Oct. 16 at around 8 p.m., according to Click2Houston.

Reed’s family said she and Jyron had a dispute over the father’s way of disciplining their other child on Oct. 18, 2022. They added that Reed was trying to get away from Jyron and was hence staying at a motel.

Following the fight, police were called to the Sonesta Extended Stay Suites on Bay Area Boulevard in southeast Houston. Police left the scene after believing the dispute between the couple was resolved only to return a couple of hours later. Upon returning to the motel, police Reed had been choked by her husband.

She was immediately rushed to the hospital where she succumbed to her injuries.

During investigation, Jyron told police he was trying to stop the mother from hurting one of their kids.

“He thought she was choking the baby or the child,” Lt. Wilkens with the Houston Police Department said at the time. “Not sure which one yet. He got behind her to put her in a chokehold to stop her. She went unconscious and that’s when he called us.”

Police began a search for Nadia after Reed’s death, according to KHOU 11.

Police found that Jyron checked his daughter out from foster care on Oct. 14, but the child was never returned. The father further claimed the toddler disappeared from the house while he was taking out the trash.

After suspecting foul play, investigators named Jyron as the main suspect in the toddler’s disappearance.

Investigators suspected Nadia’s body was placed in a container, ABC13 reported in November.

Jyron, who was initially charged with Reed’s murder, was later charged in connection with his daughter’s death in December. He has since been arrested. The couple’s five other daughters were handed over to Child Protective Services.

Meanwhile, officials launched an investigation into the cause behind Nadia’s death.

Representational image (Source: Pixabay / FeeLoona)